Are you a current or former member of the Friends?
Please take this brief survey to share your recommendations and input.
Who are the Friends of the Springfield Public Library?
We are readers, researchers, film fans and music lovers who believe the Springfield Public Library is one of our community’s most vital resources. We support our Library.
What do the Friends do?
The Friends of the Springfield Public Library is a member-supported 501(3)(c) non-profit organization that focuses public attention on library services, facilities, and needs. Funds raised by the Friends events help to strengthen and expand library services and to stimulate the use of the library facilities as a resource center for the entire community. This is accomplished through annual membership fees, donations and book sales to raise funds which in turn provide the library with materials and resources for:
- creating programs for thousands of children and teens, including the Summer Reading Club
- purchasing ample copies of high demand and bestselling books, movies and music
- improving reference service through the purchase of essential print and digital resources
- underwriting the cost of Library2Go, the Oregon Digital Library consortium, digital audiobook, video and e-book service
How do we raise funds for the library?
We raise funds through membership dues, our on-going book sale and our annual book sale.
The Friends ongoing book sale, inside the Library, offers used books, magazines, music and movies at reasonable prices. Every purchase adds to the funds that the Friends provide the Library.
The annual book sale, held in March, draws readers from all over Lane County, and offers them an opportunity to purchase gently used and near-new books, tapes, audio books, movies and more for themselves and their children. Members of the Friends and of the larger community make this annual event a success.
How can you help?
Become a member of the Friends of the Springfield Public Library; help support your library and foster our community’s love of books, music, movies and education. There are no meetings to attend, no commitments beyond annual membership. Just know that your tax deductible membership fee helps your library and your community.
Click on this link for a membership form
You can help by:
- donating books, magazines, CD’s, DVD’s (books, music and movies)
- volunteering at the annual book sale
- volunteering to become a board member of the Friends
- giving a Friends membership to a friend or family member
For the love of our library and our community, join us today!
For more information, please contact us at:
mail: Friends of the Springfield Public Library
225 Fifth Street
Springfield, OR 97477